Release title: 2021.3
Build 496.144: 2021-04-14
- Core: Stickers!!!
- Core: Fixed some incorrectly computed subcomponents of Total Internal Reflection in dielectrics.
- Core: Speed improved a bit again in this build (up to 10%, depending on multiple factors).
- Core: Improved shape map node, with a new blur output plug handy for bumper stickers.
- Core: The regular gradient node features now its own editable gradient profile curve.
- Core: UV scattering: (experimental) Built-in random tiling in the maps xform controls.
- Core: UV scattering: (experimental) Dedicated UV scattering node to share scattering settings across different map nodes.
- Core: UV distortion: (experimental) Dedicated UV distortion node to share distortion (noise/jitter blur) settings across different map nodes.
- Importers: Added in Preferences the ability to select a default ambience that will be used when importing models. This is particularly handy when sending scenes from the Rhino plug-in.
- Importers: Added in Preferences a new feature to pre-triangulate imported meshes. This fixes incorrect imports when files (e.g., FBX) carry non-convex polygons.
- UI: New SX-based (Scene Explorer) node-tree navigation control in the Attributes panel.
- UI: The new SX-based node-tree navigation control replaces the old (kind of confusing) history and go-back buttons.
- UI: New per-node Frequent/Extended toggle to show or hide the least frequently used rollups/features.
- UI: The batcher framebuffer now has a splitter that can be collapsed at the bottom so you can maximize the window and see the render full-screen.
- UI: New button in the backplate to send the backplate resolution to the render panel.
- Core: Reviewed and improved the dielectrics nesting system (Relative IOR between medium interfaces).
- Core: Noise-based nodes feature now their own built-in signal profile gradient.
- Core: Improved falloff node with its own built-in signal profile gradient.
- Importers: PBR-based importers, such as the .gltf file importer, generate fewer filetex nodes than before.
- UI: New node class converter combobox in the AE. Now you can easily change a material to plaster, plastic, metal, standard, ...
- UI: Reviewed and fixed hundreds of tooltips, UI labels, and UI gray-out conditions.
- UI: Completed all the missing tooltips in all the file importers.
- UI: Ability to designate in Preferences the scene that Maverick will open on start.
- UI: Ability to tell Maverick in Preferences that no scene must be opened on start.
- UI: All UI panels get wiped out correctly now when a new scene is opened.
- UI: Cleaned-up and streamlined some visual elements in the UI theme.
- UI: Got rid of some blur in the node swatches presented by the Attributes panel. Now they always look crisp even on 4K screens.
- UI: The floating Scene eXplorer displays a tooltip with help for each node class when a new node is about to be created.
- UI: The old slider to change thumbnail size in the library has been replaced by 3 buttons for small-medium-large elastic sizes.
- UI: Added a new "open in browser" function in the context menu of filetex nodes.
- UI: Multiple easthetical refinement upgrades in the UI theme: splitters, colors, ...
- UI: The app now forbids the user from opening a new scene while the application is booting (old message: Maverick is busy).
- UI: Nodes now recall whether their rollups are expanded or collapsed when the scene is saved and opened again in another session.
- UI: Fixed a node that would incorrectly purge nodes unless they were connected by their main output plug.
- Importers: Fixed the IGS/IGES importer, which was crashing in the most recent build.
- Importers: Fixed scale in FBX files.
- Importers: Fixed camera position/orientation in FBX files.
- Licensing: Fixed an issue that was making the watermark not go away in the default scene.
- Library: New stickers library with over 3000 design elements, fingerprints, etc...
- Library: New SBSAR-based stickers with editable text.
Release title: 2021.2
Build 492.055: 2021-03-05
- Core: Brand new RTX (ray-tracing backend) support.
- Core: Heavy round of optimizations in the core, motivated by the addition of RTX support in our core.
- Core: Speed gains ranging from 10% to 100% depending on the scene and the hardware architecture. The 30xx Series is the one that benefits the most.
- Core: 50% CPU (not GPU) RAM usage for the geometry description (verts, tris, ...).
- Core: Upgraded Maverick from CUDA 11.1 to CUDA 11.2.
- Core: New pixel blur control in filetex maps. Unlike UV jitter blur, pixel blur works with all features, including bump and displacement height maps.
- Core: Per-object trace sets (Studio-only).
- Core: Light, IBL, Sun trace sets (Studio-only).
- Core: Per-material (per BSDF component) trace sets (Studio-only).
- Core: Re-formulated AO-based shading units (Curvature, Round Edges, and Shadow Catcher AO) got a x10 speed boost.
- Core: Faster IBL Importance Sampling updates (e.g., when changing or editing the IBL map).
- Core: Added support for grayscale images with an alpha channel (RA pixel format).
- Notifications: Smoother motion with the Move tool.
- Notifications: Much smoother resizing of lights (size A, size B).
- Notifications: Significantly faster IBL notifications (importance sampling recalculations).
- UI: Improved tooltips here and there.
- UI: Now map swatches are computed using Multi-Threading (significantly faster).
- UI: Scenes open several seconds faster now.
- UI: The application closes swiftly now (there used to be a delay of a few seconds).
- Core: Fixed an issue that was causing sluggishness editing lights in the Ambience Composer after a while.
- Core: Curvature maps can be used as weights in blend materials again.
- Core: IBL defocus disabled in the Ambience Composer.
- Notifications: Changing a light's primitive correctly updates the views and the selection outline now.
- UI: The counters panel now displays OOC memory in use in a separate bar (which was broken before).
- UI: The counters panel now accounts for the memory allocated internally by the NVIDIA AI denoiser.
- UI: Fixed all the toggles in the UI (attributes that gray out other attributes).
- UI: Fixed (or complete) several missing @@ labels in the UI.
- UI: Fixed a critical issue that would allow the user to select 0 GPUs and leave Maverick frozen until the file hardware.ini was deleted manually.
- UI: Fixed padding problems when capturing quick snapshots, when rendering material swatches, and when generating the thumbnail for scene files.
- New lightbox-based ambiences.
- New brushed metal materials for jewelry.
- Core: Loss of support for pre-RTX GPUs. That is, 7xx, 9xx cards (or equivalent) are no longer supported.
- Core: The core now auto-rectifies the xform of light objects to scale=1. Please edit the size of lights exclusively using the size A/B attributes.
- Core: The U (UVs) direction of rectangular and disc lights was wrongly flipped and has been corrected. Readable text is no longer mirrored when applied to the emission map.
Release title: 2021.1
Build 486.010: 2021-01-22
- UI: Ambience Composer.
- UI: Ability to save ambiences from the Ambience Composer.
- Library: New gradient-based procedural environments.
- Python: Now Quick Command editbox in the toolbar of the application.
- Core: Upgraded to the AI Denoiser in OptiX 7.2. Better quality/speed.
- Core: The new denoiser supports resolutions up to 8K or so.
- Library: Updated ambiences.
- UI: Added a clear button to the Console panel.
- UI: The Python panel displays a number for each line of code to better identify coding errors.
- UI: New Python syntax highlighter.
- UI: The Python text box doesn't carry over the text font/color/format when you copy-paste code from outside Maverick.
- UI: The warning for too-old GPU(s) in your system only shows up now if the too-old GPU(s) are enabled. The message is effectively muted otherwise.
- Plug-Ins: Support for Curved Piping obejcts in our Rhino-to-Maverick plug-in.
- Installer: Removed some annoying _ instead of spaces. Now the desktop icon says 'Maverick Studio' instead of 'Maverick_Studio'.
- Core: Fixed (closed) the outline at the bottom-right side of the image.
- Core: Fixed some irregularities of the denoiser at the bottom/right borders of the image.
- Core: Fixed missing parts of the outline at the bottom/right borders of the image.
- Core: Fixed extra blur caused by the blow-up tool. Now AA stays consistent regardless of blow-up zoom factor.
- UI: Double-clicking an .mks in Windows Explorer opens the scene in Studio/Indie now. This was faulty in some of the most recent releases.
- UI: Fixing a problem with Unicode filenames when double-clicking from Windows Explorer.
- Plug-Ins: Fixed a problem when delivering files in systems with Unicode pathnames.
- New save_mks command.
- New class MK_api.mks to open/manipulate/purge/save saved scene files.
- New class MK_api.map to open/manipulate/save .mkmap files.
- New class MK_api.mtl to open/manipulate/save .mkmtl files.
- New function exposed (connect) to connect (e.g.,) materials to objects.
- New syntax highlighter.
- The Python text box doesn't carry over the text font/color/format when you copy-paste code from outside Maverick.
- Now the Attribute Editor tooltips display the Python scripting name for each attribute.
- Rewired the Python output to the Console panel.
- New script to purge all the scenes in a directory (to save GPU resources and hard disk space on save).
- Renewed website (maverickrender.com).
- Renewed Studio web page.
- Renewed Indie web page.
- New product comparison chart page (https://maverickrender.com/studio-vs-indie/).
- Renewed company profile website (randomcontrol.com).
Release title: 2020.15
Build 481.306: 2020-12-11
- Python: New Python panel exposing our core support for Python scripting.
- Python: New Python action 'MK_api.open_mks( ... )' to open a scene.
- Python: New Python action 'MK_api.render( ... )' to render a still frame or turntable.
- Python: New Python action 'MK_api.exit()' to exit the application on termination.
- Python: General low-level support for some of our DAG/API functions through the MK_api module. Use print_help() in the Python panel for more info.
- Core: Now Maverick does not do any padding on your resolution. Padding is necessary internally for CUDA/OpenGL memory alignment, but now it is fully concealed from the user.
- UI: Added some better visual warnings to let the user know that a new build of Maverick is available.
- UI: Added a new checkbox in the Start dialog to warn the user (or not) about new builds available.
- UI: A better (hopefully) message is displayed when the GPU drivers are out of date.
- Website: More (hopefully) organized and cleaner Profile page.
- Core: Fixed Rectangular Region Render (RRR), which was broken since we upgraded to CUDA 11.
- Core: RRR now stretches up to the final resolution. i.e., renders the same rectangle as selected in the IPR, but in final resolution coordinates.
- Core: Fixed a bug when dropping colors from the library (they were turning black by mistake in the previous release).
- UI: The blow-up tool no longer 'clicks' when enabled-disabled, producing the exact same render at 1:1 than when the tool is disabled.
- UI: The blow-up tool no longer squeezes or stretches the render when toggling keep-aspect-ratio on/off.
Release title: 2020.14
Build 480.150: 2020-12-01
- Core: Ability to configure the Target SL for the IPR (preview) to save resources when the machine is idle.
- UI: Ability to set the default Target SL for the IPR (preview) from the Preferences dialog.
- UI: Streamlined a bit further the dialog importers.
- UI: Importing/Merging MKS files won't display a (useless) dialog like before.
- UI: When in keep-aspect mode, the render resolution will be clamped to its native (non-stretched) resolution as a maximum.
- UI: Split import vs. merge Substance Painter.
- UI: Split import vs. merge Substance Designer.
- UI: Split import vs. merge Substance Zbrush.
- UI: Split import vs. merge Substance Sketchfab.
- UI: Merge operations will no longer wrongly prompt the user to save the scene as if it was about to be closed.
- UI: Fixed the merge button in the Start dialog.
- Plug-Ins: Fixed some issues with the transport of SubD objects.
Release title: 2020.13
Build 479.300: 2020-11-27
- Plug-Ins: Brand new Rhino-to-Maverick Bridge Plug-In.
- Importers: Added support for SubD objects to our .3dm (OpenNURBS) importer.
- UI: Added a total time counter at the end of animations and render set batches.
- UI: Added an eye icon to reveal your password and avoid possible mistypings.
- UI: Detached properly the Import (Open a foreign format) and Merge (Open a foreign format + Merge into scene) buttons in the main top toolbar.
- UI: Added tooltips to the Preferences panel.
- UI: Added tooltips to the Importers dialogs.
- Core: Fixed a problem in turntables that would reset the camera wrongly by pressing the Home button after rendering an animation.
- Core: Fixed a problem in normalight when the light being tracked got in the way of the mouse cursor.
- UI: Now the extension selected in the pixel format combobox in the Render panel and the extension selected in the output file picker are automatically forced to match.
- UI: Fixed cut labels in checkboxes in the Attribute Editor.
- UI: Fixed the save render dialog in RenderWarrior.
Release title: 2020.12
Build 472.850: 2020-11-03
- Core: New Maverick Benchmark tool to assess your hardware's performance. Available at https://maverickrender.com/benchmark/.
- Core: Now render sets, including shadow/reflections detaching, work with turntable frames just like with regular still frame renders.
- Core: New automatic output called _shadows_composite.png where the render and its shadows, minus the backdrop, are baked with a proper alpha.
- Core: Added support for .mov video output with an alpha channel.
- Core: Added support for .avi video output.
- Core: Render sets are conveniently organized into folders and subfolders on output.
- Core: Detached backdrop in render sets now uses fewers internal AOVs, which means a smaller memory usage and save-to-disk time.
- UI: Renamed the AOVs panel to Compositing.
- UI: Moved the Render Sets settings to the Compositing panel, so now Render Sets can be shared by Still frame and Turntable.
- UI: The render dialog allows the user to choose between Stop and Save and Stop and Terminate (without saving).
- Core: Animation sequences (e.g., turntable) now correctly name the output frames with the frame id appended at the END of the filename so AE, Pr, Nuke, ... can easily identify file sequences.
- Core: Fixed FPS (frames/s) control when the render output is set to .mp4/.mov.
- Core: Fixed a rather unlikely freeze when rendering render sets or animations if one of the layers finished rendering way too fast.
- Core: Fixed a problem with bright halos when using material render sets.
- UI: The render carousel of images would fail to display all rendered images in previous builds. Fixed now.
- UI: The backplate layer (render sets) in the render carousel does not display as fully transparent anymore.
- Core: Updated all our dependencies to their latest versions.
- Core: Upgraded to Substance Engine 8.0 (support for sbsar).
- Core: Upgraded to MSVC 2019 (v142) and the VC++ 2019 runtime.
Release title: 2020.11
Build 468.700: 2020-10-14
- Core: Ability to designate per-object or per-material render sets and to automatically render them as separate layers from the Render panel.
- Core: Ability to detach the shadows and reflections of the floor as separate layers for extremely powerful compositing.
- Core: Ability to output directly in Photoshop .psd. Render sets and AOVs are arranged conveniently as Ps groups/layers.
- Core: New option to include or discard the enabled AOVs in the render batcher.
- Core: Now all HDR AOVs are denoised along with the main AOV if the denoiser is enabled.
- Importers: Updated the Rhino .3dm importer to the Rhino 7 SDK.
- UI: New output format (file format + pixel format) selector.
- UI: Fixed the Tonemap and History panels in RenderWarrior.
- UI: Fixed the attribute state dependent toggles that gray out controls in the AE.
- UI: Checkbox labels are clickable in the Attribute Editor now.
- UI: Fixed rectangular selection (left-to-right/right-to-left), which was faulty in the previous build.
Release title: 2020.10
Build 466.526: 2020-10-01
- Core: Massive speed boost in Turing cards (e.g., RTX2080) ranging from +50% to +150%.
- Core: Support for new Ampere cards (e.g., RTX3080).
- Core: Now the additional views use the same film docking as the IPR render (more similar framing between render and views).
- Core: In object compositing features inherit from parent takes the node's settings if the node has no parent.
- Core: Reset SL to 12 in old scenes so the IPR will run for long enough.
- Core: Clamped the Start SL value in the denoiser to always happen before the Target SL to avoid no-denoiser accidents.
- Core: The batcher panel was not saving any AOVs unless two or more AOVs were enabled. Fixed now.
- UI: Assigned the SPACE shortcut (formerly pan/zoom) to the new blow-up tool.
- UI: Fixed the tonemap presets bar.
- UI: Fixed gizmo selection offsets in the 3 extended views.
- UI: Fixed selection issues when the IPR was extremely large.
- UI: Reduced a bit the lag when an object is selected, compared to previous versions.
- UI: Corrected the (often annoying) offset between the cursor and the gizmos in the IPR (e.g., translate, rotate, scale, ...).
- UI: Renamed the A/B panel to History and prepared it for new functionalities to come.
- UI: Fixed the A/B and RRR tools in RenderWarrior.
- UI: Fixed the tooltips in RenderWarrior.
Release title: 2020.9
Build 464.477: 2020-09-21
- Core: New render batcher capabilities.
- Core: Support for CUDA 11 and Nvidia Ampere cards (3070, 3080, 3090, ...).
- Core: Ability to export animations (turntables) directly to a video file (e.g., .mp4/.mov).
- UI: New Render panel that hosts the brand new render batcher capabilities.
- UI: New Blow-Up (Optical Zoom) tool to zoom in and see material details in super-resolution.
- UI: New selection modes in the IPR tools.
- UI: The navigator gizmo in now available to the shaded views.
- UI: New draggable buttons for pan-dolly in the navigator area.
- UI: In-IPR new focus/DOF previsualization feature (red-white-blue).
- UI: New tablet-friendly navigation combos for camera dolly. e.g., Alt+RMB in the Maya navigation mode.
- UI: Added context-sensitive cursors to all the IPR tools and the navigator HUD.
- UI: The IPR can be docked/undocked now like any other regular panel.
- UI: Added shortcuts to zoom with a mouse drag in addition to the mouse-wheel.
- Core: More robust resolution of outputs in SBSAR even when the output names are edited (e.g., specular_1, etc...).
- UI: The app's registry is flushed to disk now every time a scene is opened/saved. This preserves the "Most Recently Used" list in case of a crash.
- UI: Streamlined some existing icons in the UI.
- UI: We upgraded the navigator, which is now a cube, so the edges and corners are clickable and bound to relevant camera positions.
- UI: More precise hit-testing of gizmos in the IPR.
- UI: Done some corrections in the Help panel (e.g., hide internal attributes and such).
- UI: Alert box when the navigation mode is changed.
- UI: More streamlined UI for the LightMixer panel.
- UI: Added a ? button on some panels to make them display their help in the Help panel.
- UI: Added an undock button in the dockable panels so they can be undocked and preserve their undocked status until the dock button is pressed.
- UI: Brushed up the Shortcuts List in the Help panel.
- Core: Fixed random crash on scene open caused by rayaccel-dependent maps such as curvature or round_edges.
- Core: Fixed back-compatibility issues in scenes with vertex colors.
- Core: Displacement globally defaults to world length instead of screen px now to avoid resolution-dependent exhausted memory crashes.
- Core: Fixed dark back-facing issues in the views (clay mode).
- Importers: Fixed a bug with normals in .3dm files for BREP objects where some faces have normals/uvs and some others don't.
- Importers: Fixed a bug with objects producing 0-face or 0-vertex meshes after NURBS tessellation.
- UI: Small corrections in the Attribute Editor panel(s).
- UI: Mouse-wheel in the IPR pan/zoom tool now zooms at the pixel the mouse cursor is, instead of at the center of the image.
- UI: Fixed number of cores in the hardware report for some architectures.
Release title: 2020.8
Build 452.620: 2020-07-22
- Core: New full, native support for Adobe Substance SBSAR files.
- Core: Ability to dynamically edit SBSAR files while the materials they are applied to react interactively.
- UI: Save Backup (Ctrl+Shift+B) menu option to save an auto-incremental backup of the current document.
- Library: The Content Library features 10 SBSAR files, courtesy of Adobe/Allegorithmic.
- Library: The Content Library features 10 material wrappers for said SBSAR files.
- Core: Finished the merge/replace feature.
- UI: Detached import and merge into two separate menu/toolbar actions.
- UI: Added a statusbar with some information about the latest operation performed.
- UI: New per-product splash screen.
- Other: Reviewed and updated our 3rd-party license .txt file(s).
- Core: Fixed black sparse dots that would accumulate all over the image when using certain over-compressed EXR (IBL) files.
- Importers: Fixed all normal discontinuity errors in our Rhino .3dm importer.
Release title: 2020.7
Build 450.512: 2020-07-14
- Core: Improvements in merge/replace to avoid duplicities.
- UI: LightMixer layers get auto-assigned the same name of the light(s) they are hosting when LightMixer is engaged.
- UI: New feature in the TRS panel to copy the xform of another object. Useful for alignment and such.
- Core: We patched up a problem in the OpenEXR library so now it can read/write Unicode filenames.
- UI: The "Save preset" button works again.
Release title: 2020.6
Build 446.690: 2020-07-03
- Core: Upgraded everything to the newly released CUDA 11. Note that you may need to install the newest drivers from Nvidia.
- Core: Displacement is now a material attribute.
- Core: Alternatively, displacement is now also an object modifier.
- Core: Subdivision attributes have been moved to an (optional) object modifier as well.
- Core: New disp_blend node to blend displacement maps, analogous to the already existing bump_blend for bump/normal maps.
- Core: Optimized sampling (less noise) of rectangular emitters when they are close to solid surfaces.
- Core: Added a specular roughness map in the shadow_catcher node.
- Core: Added material UV mapping controls to the shadow_catcher node.
- Core: New glass_thin material node, which is a simplified version of regular glass where thin-glass comes pre-enabled.
- Core: Subdivision allows for max_level=0 so displacement may act on the base mesh without any further subdivision.
- Core: New defaults for subdivision and displacement. In screen pixels now, so all scenes work well regardless of their physical scale.
- Core: Bump and displacement auto-bump can coexist in the same material and work together now.
- UI: Now the Attribute Editor displays a list with the current node's I (Input) nodes, for much more visual navigation.
- UI: New option to disable smoothing in the render views.
- UI: New search-by-name option in the Library panel.
- UI: Reorganized top toolbar.
- UI: Reorganized toolbar in the Objects panel, so now modifiers are put together in a drop-down menu.
- Library: Improved damaged metals material in the jewelry section, for more subtle and scale-aware details (Studio-only).
- Core: Fixed the nasty and somewhat frequent freezes on delete/purge of materials and maps.
- Core: We raised the minimum CUDA architecture requirements to run Maverick to sm_35 (e.g., 780/TITAN) GPUs.
- UI: Now derived nodes (e.g., glass, plaster, ...) do not display useless plugs in the Nodal Editor or in the DnD Assistant.
- UI: Comboboxes and Radiobuttons now have a proper translation in non-English languages.
- UI: Some cosmetic touch-ups in the AE for the sake of (we hope) clarity.
- UI: .mks files now open from the Windows Explorer with double-click.
- UI: Removed the useless blue icons in the HUD of the IPR.
- UI: Fixed a pixel format problem when loading 16-bit images in the A/B comparator panel.
- UI: Fixed a problem with non-ASCII characters in the login sequence.
- UI: The user library directories are now called "My Materials", "My Maps", ... so they can be easily told apart from system directories.
- Presets: The "Save preset" button works again.
Release title: 2020.5
Build 434.961: 2020-05-11
- Core: Packed .mks files now unfold resources in a way that avoids filename collisions. e.g., scenes imported from DAZ, etc...
- Core: Built-in control for IBL color saturation, directly in the IBL node.
- Core: Straightened the backplate orientation in spherical projection mode, so now it fully matches the same map when used as IBL.
- UI: Some fixes and clean-ups in AE attribute labels and tooltips, especially in the most recently added nodes.
- UI: Some fixes in the Surface Mode of the Move Tool.
Release title: 2020.4
Build 434.681: 2020-05-07
- Core: New uvmap object modifier to generate custom on-the-fly UVs (triplanar, box, planar, spherical, and cylindrical).
- Core: Built-in uvmap attributes at the root of each material, to generate custom on-the-fly UVs (triplanar, box, planar, spherical, and cylindrical).
- Core: On-the-fly uvmap support for displacement.
- Core: On-the-fly uvmap support for opacity mapping.
- Core: New stratified light sampling system. Better noise convergence for lights, ibl and sky/sun.
- Core: New noise pattern, with blue noise properties. More uniform and eye-pleasing noise.
- Core: New BSDF controls for anisotropy and anisotropy map (WIP).
- Core: New BSDF controls for anisotropy rotation and anisotropy rotation map (WIP).
- Core: Object trace sets (Studio-only).
- Core: New shape procedural node that produces sticker-like shapes (i.e., polygons with optional round corners).
- Core: New mtl_ray_switch material. Useful for in-line compositing tricks.
- Core: New mtl_switch material. Useful to scatter different materials in a population of objects.
- Core: New IOR mode in the falloff node to simulate velvet, cloth, etc...
- Core: New flakes map node with multiple outputs, suitable to control a standard material and simulate glitter, carpaint, ...
- Core: New dots map node with multiple outputs, suitable to control a standard material and simulate granite, granular plastic, ...
- Core: New brushed map, suitable for bump-based anisotropic effects.
- Core: New grooves map, suitable for bump-based or rotation-based anisotropic effects.
- Core: New procedural scratches map, for scratched metals or plastics.
- Core: New attributes in the noise/cellular procedural maps.
- Command-line: Some pre-made batch files have been included in the installer for RenderWarrior-based batch rendering.
- Core: The views now support built-in material uvmap and uvmap modifier nodes.
- Core: Better checker/uvgrid view modes for easier uv placement.
- Core: New preliminary orthographic toggle in the perspective camera node.
- Core: Smoother triplanar curve progression.
- Core: Small performance gains (code clean-ups from recent features) accounting for a 10% approx.
- Core: Much more robust shuffling (randomization) in the map_switch node.
- Core: Much more robust shuffling (randomization) in the colorgen node.
- Core: Improved the map_ray_switch node.
- Core: 25% lower memory footprint for geometry storage during render.
- Core: Better randomization for cellular and noise procedural maps.
- Move Tool: New Surface mode to comfortably move objects and groups over a given surface.
- Move Tool: New options, shortcuts included, to rotate and flip objects with just one click.
- Move Tool: Align to camera option.
- Move Tool: Changed the units in the Move tool to centimeters instead of meters.
- Help: Misc improvements in the tooltips and the Help panel.
- Importers: Full Unicode support for STEP/IGES (chinese, japanese, ... filenames).
- Importers: Full Unicode support for OpenEXR files (I/O).
- Library: Our content library has been moved to %PROGRAMDATA% so installed content is separated from user-generated content.
- Library: The whole library has been modified so the new uvmap features are used.
- Library: New section in the library with flakes-based carpaint shaders.
- Library: New section in the library with damaged ceramic, metals and plastics.
- Library: New sample scenes in both Studio and Indie, available from the Start Dialog.
- Core: Fixed a problem that would make metallic shaders render black in older GPU architectures.
- Importers: Cameras are now imported correctly from .fbx.
- Importers: Fixed broken thumbnails in the A/B comparator.
- UI: The Render panel has been renamed to Globals.