Release title: 2022.7
Build 585.125: 2022-12-22
- Core: New remap node to use a gradient/gradient_color to remap/colorize the output of another map.
- Core: Ability of the remap node to remap the UVW space of its input node.
- Core: New (much improved) gradient_color node.
- Core: Angle steps in the scatter node's random rotation (and also in the multiclone node).
- Core: New clamp (u/v/w) in addition to tiling and cropping in the UV transform rollup of all maps that support it.
- Core: Camera distortion (pincushion and barrel).
- Core: Improved support for the whole embedded python default distribution.
- Core: Upgraded our codebase to support CUDA v12.0, with specific support for 40xx GPUs.
- Core: Upgraded our codebase to support OptiX 7.6.0.
- Core: Upgraded the Maverick Benchmark accordingly.
- Core: All procedurals use the 1x1x1 tile correctly, which manifests when using the crop-clamp features.
- ui: Some of the main IPR tools are now accessible from the main toolbar.
- Core: multiclone skew (pyramids) grow on the negative side correctly now.
- Core: Scatter and multiclone maps work correctly now when the base object has an uvmap modifier applied to it.
- UI: Operations that don't (yet) support undo/redo do not clear the dirty document flag, which makes the app prompt to save for changes on exit (it wasn't doing so before).
- UI: Toggles (checkboxes) do not capture input focus when cycling focus with TAB or Alt+TAB.
- UI: Plug buckets do not capture input focus when cycling focus with TAB or Alt+TAB.
- UI: Color buckets do not capture input focus when cycling focus with TAB or Alt+TAB.
- UI: Combobox controls do not accept mouse-wheel events when mouse-wheeling to scroll their containing panel, avoiding accidental combobox edits.
- UI: Control + Tab is forbidden while in the Start panel.
Release title: 2022.6
Build 582.065: 2022-11-18
- Core: New multiclone modifier, which produces instanced copies of an object or an assembly arranged in multiple ways (lattice, polar, ...).
- Core: New option to convert instances scattered by a multiclone modifier into regular polymesh geometry.
- Core: Angle steps in the scatter node's random rotation (and also in the multiclone node).
- Core: Slightly faster scatter warmup speed.
- UI: Simplified the modifier creation list.
- Core: Fixed a wrong offset in scattered instances when assemblies were involved.
- Core: Fixed the interpretation of Euler angles in scatter, which was not behaving exactly like Euler angles.
- Importers: Fixed load of scenes imported with more than UV channel in versions pre 2022.5.
- UI: Dropping a displacement-based map now correctly preserves the value set by the user, which was incorrectly cast to an integer (losing decimals) in 2022.5.
- UI: scatter/multiclone now display their gizmo in the UI like all other modifiers.
- UI: scatter/multiclone now feature an eye icon to toggle on/off their gizmo in the IPR.
- UI: target nodes now feature an eye icon to toggle on/off their gizmo in the IPR.
- UI: Restored our (so far, partial) support for undo/redo, which was accidentally disabled in version 2022.5 (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Shift+Z).
- UI: Reset xform works correctly now when the selected object(s) have modifiers connected to it/them. Up to 2022.5 it was involving the modifiers in the new xform computation.
- UI: Double-clicking a scene from the Windows Explorer was not switching over to the Design workspace, but was staying in the Start workspace instead.
- UI: Disconnected modifiers (i.e., without at least one parent) were not displaying their gizmo. Now they are.
- UI: The bypass toggle in modifiers now correctly grays out the node in its entirety when bypass is on.
- Python: Updated library scripts (some kept old function names and were failing in 2022.5).
Release title: 2022.5
Build 578.510: 2022-10-21
- Core: New micro-patch displacement mapping (in-house developed tech), which allows for virtually infinite detail with a negligible memory footprint.
- Core: Specially optimized displacement for parallel displacement.
- Core: Auto-conversion of our old brute-force displacement by the new mpdm system.
- Core: bake_2d map to bake any map or nodal map structure down to a filetex map. Useful for the new displacement system.
- Core: bake_2d map to bake any map or nodal map structure down to a normal map. Useful for bump/normal mapping.
- Core: Improved long-term noise convergence.
- Core: More eye-pleasing short-term noise, as when editing interactively.
- Core: Much faster rendering of white thin-glass dielectrics (windshields, plastic covers, ...).
- Core: The denoiser makes use of the normals AOV now to greatly help preserve the high-frequency noise present in bump or displacement mapping.
- Core: Added chromatic aberration (fringe) to the glare/bloom system.
- Core: Glare/bloom do not see their power affected when configuring at low resolution and then rendering at high resolution.
- Core: New iris aperture map for glare.
- Core: New iris obstacle map for glare.
- Core: New glare diffraction pattern map to bypass the creation of a custom aperture x obstacle.
- Core: New lens dirt map.
- Core: New temperature controls for bloom and glare.
- Core: New ringing control for glare.
- Core: Upgraded development to CUDA v11.8.
- Core: Upgraded development to OptiX 7.5.0.
- Core: Added support for the new Ada/Hopper GPUs.
- Core: New mappable (color) profile map for all map nodes with a grayscale output (e.g., noise, cellular, falloff, ...).
- Core: New gradient_color map node.
- Core: Improved memory usage of geometry normals by 33% (GEON memory block in the Counters panel).
- Core: Single-sided feature in all materials. For example, useful to make dielectric caustics.
- Core: Single-sided feature auto-enabled in shadow_catcher floors so the model can be visible from underneath the floor while editing.
- Core: Bump mapping in the shadow_catcher material.
- Core: New hue slider in the correction map node.
- Core: Glare/bloom/fringe/... and other expensive tonemapping effects won't kick in until SL1 now for smoother navigation.
- Python: New MK_api.reload_all()/reload_ToC()/reload_ToT() to notify the app about changes in the scene (all/geometry/textures).
- Python: New node.list_connections() function to navigate through connections in the DAG.
- Python: Ability to place your python scripts in the main toolbar, by placing your .py files in .../Documents/Maverick Studio/Python/.
- Benchmark: Updated the Maverick Benchmark to the newest version of the Maverick core.
- UI: The Start dialog now records up to 128 recently-opened scenes, so removing entries from the list reveals older entries.
- UI: Drivers awareness warning embedded in the application's splash screen.
- Core: Reduced the apparent increase in specular/metallic roughness when round_edges is used.
- Core: Retired the legacy/brute-force (OpenSubDiv) subdiv modifier.
- Core: The invert checkbox in filetex no longer inverts the alpha channel, but just the RGB colors (so the swatch does not disappear now, for example).
- UI: Scenes always open with the main AOV selected now.
- UI: Slightly more compact LightMixer panel UI.
- UI: Multiple improvements (clean-ups) in icons, tooltips, ...
- UI: The Start and IPR panels get auto-shown on app restart if they are closed or hidden accidentally.
- UI: Much more verbose START PAGE with better notices about new builds, and a helper to upgrade your GPU drivers.
- Core: Fixed a problem that was causing large resolution PSD16/32 files to not open.
- Core: Materials with (standard) emission only now fill up their AOVs properly.
- Core: Standard emission materials show up in the Lights AOV now.
- Core: UV distorsion works with bump mapping now.
- Core: Vignetting is constrained to the safe frame in the IPR now.
- Core: Fixed persistent noise in opacity mapping in non-standard materiales.
- Core: Improved noise convergence when more than 1 sample is used for lights/IBL/sun.
- Core: Fixed reflection/shadows layers in psd32 output.
- Core: LightMixer correctly supports up to 12 layers now.
- Core: Fixed an occasional freeze when rendering too-fast images (too low resolution or SL).
- Python: Fixed a crash when accessing (set/get) attributes, providing a non-existing name.
- UI: Resource leaks (GPU memory) in the OpenGL displays in the application.
- UI: Fixed a crash when stopping the batcher abruptly (stop-without-save).
- UI: Light nodes now update their swatch correctly when an emission map such as a gradient_light is connected.
- UI: The statusbar is now wiped out when a new scene is created or opened.
- UI: The statusbar does change its color for errors and warnings.
- UI: Completed some missing node icons.
- UI: Proper error messages on failed scene open/save. e.g., Could not save document file.
- UI: Fixed an occasional crash when opening scenes, which was particularly annoying when using one of the batch-render Python scripts provided.
- UI: Avoided some double-redraws of views and outlines. This leads to (slightly) smoother navigation.
- UI: The selection outline now works in blowup mode.
- UI: The blowup tool has its own cursor now.
- UI: New control for Denoiser Start SL in the IPR.
- UI: Reloading all the scene maps now also refreshes the map swatches.
- UI: Fixed a triple resolution change on scene start (scenes will open slightly faster now).
Release title: 2022.4
Build 551.650: 2022-05-27
- Core: Support for .CUBE 3D LUTs accessible from the tonemap panel.
- Core: Light assemblies now expose their trace set ID (which is inherited by the children lights).
- Core: Separate desaturate controls for the IBL and the refl/refr overrides.
- Core: Bypass toggle for round_edges for easier on-off tests.
- Core: Bypass toggle for curvature for easier on-off tests.
- Core: The whole IPR is now occupied by the render, with the actual render (safe-frame) visible in the middle. Among other benefits this expands the usable area for selection, the move tool gizmos, etc...
- Core: affect-alpha-only feature in the tonemapping to keep the environment (e.g., the backplate or the IBL) off the tonemapping toolchain.
- Core: lock-exposure feature in the backplate that compensates for the exposure of the tonemap and camera nodes.
- UI: Floor compositing guide to assist in photo-compositing projects.
- Core: The IBL lightbox is no longer overlapping the IBL refl/refr overrides. i.e., now the overrides override the lightbox as well.
- Core: Fully detached the contribution of IBL reflection/refraction overrides from the main power of the IBL.
- Core: Denoiser/glare/bloom/fringe/hotpixel/sharpen no longer happen if 32-bit (floating-point) output is selected. So they can be applied in post.
- Core: All HDR AOVs are now denoised (i.e., diffuse, specular, indirect, lightmixer layers, ...).
- Core: Reintroduced the ior (Complex IOR) map. Maverick Studio only.
- UI: Reintroduced the PBR Material importer in the main toolbar.
- UI: No extended rollups in the camera node.
- UI: Streamlined TRS panel UI (with a frame/shadow like every other panel in the app).
- UI: Disabled brute-force displacement in the material swatches to avoid freezes or crashes.
- UI: Organized better the mtl/map/mod nodes in the creation popup menus.
- Core: Fixed fireflies in the sheen component of materials.
- Core: Fixed a little issue with the stability of glare/bloom power when changing attributes in their settings.
- Core: Power of the parametric lightbox doesn't get incorrectly altered when changing the global IBL power if the colorspace is not linear.
- Core: Wrong warp-around of the bottom-top rows of pixels in the backplate even when clamp was enabled.
- Core: Fixed an interference that was making the shadow catcher break curvature maps in metalness.
- Core: Mesh lights now notify when a polymesh object is connected to the mesh plug in a light.
- UI: Fixed a crash when selecting an assembly of lights in the lights panel.
- UI: Adjustments the IBL power are now manifested in the Ambience Composer in real-time.
- UI: Fixed light node swatches (which now take the emission color map).
- UI: Fixed light node swatches (which now take the sticker mask map).
- UI: xform map nodes now trigger a refresh in the swatches of their dependent nodes in the Nodal Editor.
- UI: UI toggles (enable/disable) were all enabled in the importer pages until restore defaults was pressed.
- UI: Slightly broken UI (reset buttons) in the PBR Material importer.
Release title: 2022.3
Build 548.750: 2022-04-27
- UI: New 3D preview for object nodes for much easier identification of what each item is.
- Core: Emissive materials are created with their diffuse weight to 0 now.
- UI: Name collisions happen per node family and not per node class now.
- UI: Reorganized the pages in the importer dialogs, so the preview page comes first.
- UI: The search function in the scene explorer now crawls recursively into assembly nodes.
- Core: Emissive materials show up in LightMixer (in the ambience channel) now, and not black like before.
- Core: Randomize was not working in the flakes and scratches maps.
- Core: Fixed fireflies at the boundaries of SSS materials when the object interface was not watertight (closed).
- UI: The color and color map 1/2 for map nodes were partially broken and not accepting connections from the UI normally.
- UI: Fixed a bug when dragging-and-dropping files from the Windows explorer into Maverick (e.g., into the Nodal Editor).
- UI: The node swatches in the tree at the top of the Attributes panel now update just like they do in other panels.
- UI: The Cancel button in the TRS panel was broken in the previous build. Now its behavior can be reproduced with UNDO (Ctrl+Z).
- UI: Re-dropping of pre-existing stickers was losing their position until surface mode was engaged.
- UI: Drag-and-drop of colors from the library.
- UI: Turntable renders were rendering repeated frames when batched from python.
- UI: Lights preserve (don't reset) their distance to target when using normalight now.
Release title: 2022.2
Build 546.200: 2022-04-22
- Core/UI: Ability to clone nodes from everywhere in the UI (top toolbar, context menu, ...).
- Core/UI: Clone (single node) and Clone with dependencies.
- Core/UI: Shift+Drag to clone in the UI.
- Core/UI: Control+Shift+Drag to clone+dependencies in the UI.
- Core: New target object. Useful to control the center of rotation in turntable animations.
- Core: New origin rotation mode in turntable animations.
- UI: New camera composition guides in the IPR.
- UI: New make-unique (in addition to explode) feature.
- UI: Objects can be ungrouped by dragging and dropping them to the root node in the SX.
- UI: The Ambience Composer now supports shift+drag to clone lights.
- UI: New ZW3D navigation mode.
- Importers: New ZW3D STEP importer.
- Core: Added a third line to the DOF pre-vis tool so the focal plane is visible.
- Core: The Show in Viewport feature for maps now shows/updates in the render views, besides the IPR.
- Importers: Massively improved STEP/IGES importer, both in speed and meshing quality.
- Importers: New STEP/IGES meshing controls in the Preferences panel.
- Importers: Healing of missing normals when importing from STEP/IGES.
- Importers: More identificative (better) assignment of colors for assembly nodes after import.
- UI: New front page to access the ambiences library from the importer dialog.
- UI: The first page in the Import/Merge dialog stays disabled now while the file loads.
- UI: Improved Move Tool gizmo colors and translucency for a less obtrusive view.
- UI: Now the gizmos are clipped to the margins of the render, so the old situation where the gizmo was painted outside the render and was unclickable, is fixed.
- UI: Some inner operations involving AABBs (such as zoom extents, etc...) are multi-threaded now.
- UI: Improvements in the navigation system - New origin orbiting mode.
- UI: Improvements in the navigation system - Ambience nodes and lights are excluded from orbiting, so the select/move tool better focus on the user model.
- UI: Improvements in the navigation system - Camera dollying now sees through light objects, which are often transparent.
- UI: Improvements in the navigation system - Improved/fixed pan and orbit.
- Core: Support for humongous filetex images (e.g., 20000x10000 HDR IBL maps).
- UI: Fixed issues when saving/loading the UI layout.
- UI: Now the app auto-creates the My Materials, My Ambiences, ... directories on first run.
- UI: Explode/Make-unique transfer the swatch in those cases where there is one (e.g., materials).
Release title: 2022.1
Build 527.220: 2022-01-30
- UI: Added a new "SAFE MODE" to open scenes, by holding the SHIFT key pressed, that disables all memory-hungry features such as subdiv/disp. Extremely useful to quickly trouble-shoot out-of-memory situations.
- Core: The Render window (still/turntable) now outputs images with proper print_size (e.g., dot-per-inch) metadata.
- Core: The Render window (still/turntable) now outputs PSD files with proper print_size (e.g., dot-per-inch) metadata.
- Core: Fixed the align-to-normal (scatter) feature, which did not work as expected with extreme angles.
- Core: Fixed the combination of scatter sources when both groups and individual objects were mixed.
- Core: Fixed PSD output, which was partially broken in 2021.6.
- UI: The counters panel correctly displays Out-Of-Core memory (in blue) now.
- Core: Increased the maximum resolution supported by 2x.
- Core: Adjusted the Bloom/Glare algorithm so now it works for resolutions beyond 4K.
- Core: Improved the memory usage in the average case for Bloom/Glare at resolutions below 4K.
- Core: Slightly faster load of scenes with many nodes.
- Core: Vertex colors now show up in the IPR Views.
- Plug-Ins: The Rhino-to-Maverick plug-in now updates bidirectionally, so deleted objects in Rhino get also deleted in Maverick on update.
- Plug-Ins: The Rhino-to-Maverick plug-in now groups-by-material on import.
- Plug-Ins: The Rhino-to-Maverick plug-in displays its own version on execution (helpful to diagnose possible issues).
- UI: Lowered the minimum IPR SL in Preferences to SL1, for people not liking their GPU to be active more than strictly necessary during editing.
- UI: The counters panel displays memory usages in floating-point now.
- Undo: Operations that clone nodes now support undo/redo.
- Undo: Operations that clone node trees now support undo/redo.
- Undo: Connect/disconnect operations now support undo/redo.
- Preferences: The hardware panel displays the display drivers currently installed.
- Preferences: Detached importer-specific settings to a separate page.
- Preferences: Fixed a bug that was occasionally making the Preferences panel freeze if started before the changelog was downloaded by the application.
- 3DM: Support for Bitmap (Picture) textures and their uvmap transforms.
- 3DM: Support for Rhino uvmap projectors.
- 3DM: Better and more organized import of materials/colors per object/colors per layer.
- 3DM: Proper colors for block instance objects.
- 3DM: Proper transfer of camera positions on update from Rhino to Maverick.
- UI: The preview in the importer dialog displays double-sided faces now.
- Python: Completed the documentation, which can be accessed with MK_api.help().
- Python: Added a shorter help reference, which can be accessed with MK_api.quick_help().
- Python: Added some new functions, as described in the inline documentation.
- Python: UI actions that accept multiple nodes, such as MK_api.clone_node now accept python lists of cuids (e.g., [30,31]).
- UI: The quick python command at the statusbar now automatically raises the console panel.
- Driver certification displayed in the console. Also displayed in RenderWarrior.
- Made the benchmark window show up in the taskbar and come to the background from the console.
- Pause and close on the IPR is inhibited now.
- Fixed the cancel/apply buttons in the preferences panel.
Release title: 2021.6
Build 520.210: 2021-12-17
- Core: New scatter modifier!!!
- Core: Multi-source scatter support.
- Core: Multi-density map scatter support.
- Core: Collision detection system for scatter.
- New sample scenes to showcase the scatter system.
- Scatter: New directory with scatter-friendly density maps.
- Scatter: New directory with scatter sources with over 50 objects.
- Scatter: New directory with over 50 pre-made scatter assemblies such as fibers, grains, rocks, ...
Release title: 2021.5
Build 520.110: 2021-12-10
- Core: Circumvented problems introduced in the OptiX compiler with Display Drivers 496.XX and higher.
- Core: New "Instance ID" xform_space option in UV transform nodes and maps so scattered instances can sample their color from their root point at the base object.
- Core: Added full load (and also save) support for .psd. Now .psd and .exr are fully equivalent both ways in Maverick Studio/Indie and FX.
- Core: The IBL parametric lightbox now allows each face to be transparent, so the IBL can shine through.
- Core: New primitive object, which allows to easily add mathematical shapes to the scene, such as planes, boxes, spheres, ...
- Core: Opacity mapping now features a toggle (on/off) and a numerical value that pre-multiplies (or replaces) the map.
- Core: Opacity mapping is now also available in non-terminal nodes such as blend, twosided, mtl_switch, ...
- Core: Likewise, displacement mapping is now also available in non-terminal nodes such as blend, twosided, mtl_switch, ...
- Core: New Crop U/V/W controls available in the xform block of every map. Also available in the xform_2d/3d maps.
- Core: The AI denoiser now works on renders beyond 4K. i.e., renders higher than 4096x4096 now will be denoised without a problem.
- Core: The AI denoiser requires far less memory than before. The decrease in memory usage at 4K is nearly 2GB compared to previous versions.
- Core: Added a missing gamma correction to the artistic fresnel color controls.
- Core: Better color randomization system in the colorgen node.
- Core: Upgraded development to CUDA v11.5.
- Core: Upgraded development to OptiX 7.4.0.
- Core: Upgraded some of our stations to Windows 11 to guarantee that Maverick is fully compatible.
- Core: Ability to Show-in-viewport maps connected to a modifier (e.g., scatter).
- Core: Object visibility flags now work in the shaded view(s).
- Core: Slighty faster interactive reaction to user editing when the outline (selection) is glowing.
- Core: Slighty faster interactive reaction to user editing overall.
- Core: Stickers can be edited in the views now.
- Core: Emission in standard-derived materials is two-sided now.
- Core: New modes in the primvar map node.
- Core: Additive mode in the bump_blend node.
- Core: Improved reactivity when editing (large) filetex maps and/or gradient maps.
- UI: Added/edited/completed many locale text entries (attribute labels and tooltips, etc...).
- UI: The views start in albedo mode by default now.
- UI: Faster selection and decreased lag in the UI overall.
- Core: Fixed a long-syetanding bug that was making heavy scenes freeze from time to time when deleting objects.
- Core: Images saved by Maverick are in proper dots-per-inch now (this was broken in recent builds).
- Core: The Alpha channel is embedded in the main AOV in multi-layered/AOV (e.g., OpenEXR) output now instead of duplicated like before.
- Core: Switching the active AOV ID from the IPR combobox now responds immediately (there used to be a delay sometimes).
- Core: The batcher uses less GPU memory now due to two AOVs were accidentally activated in previous versions.
- Core: Fixed luminance preservation in the color mode in the compositing node.
- Core: Fixed notifications for clamp lo/hi in the correction node.
- Core: Fixed the gamma control in the signal profile block of attributes in the dots node.
- Core: Object/World xform coordinates are centered at 0,0,0 and not 0.5,0.5,0.5 (like regular UVs) anymore. Now rotation/scaling happens at the center of the xform/world.
- Core: The coords space selector in xform_2d/3d nodes (uvs, object, world, ...) works now.
- Core: The grooves profile attribute was saving but not loading correctly.
- Core: Fixed a crash when re-connecting a new displacement map to a material which already had a displacement map itself.
- Core: Proper notification when connecting and disconnecting displacement maps.
- Core: Connecting a displacement map without an input heightmap will behave as 0-height displacement and no longer destroy the shading like before.
- Core: Fixed the connections with mod_disp and mod_subdiv, which were being rejected before.
- Core: Fixed black fireflies happening in the intersection of SSS objects.
- UI: Thumbnails of maps in object/world coords display correctly now.
- UI: Fixed the window frame in RenderWarrior.
- UI: Flipped the bypass toggle in the disp modifier node.
- UI: Fixed a bug that was making SX selection not display the outline until the IPR was clicked at least once.
- UI: The outline follows the camera projection now in the IPR/views regardless of focal length, shift, tilt, distortion, ...
- Importers: Position/Orientation of cameras imported from OBJ/FBX/...
- Plug-Ins: Made the Rhino-to-Maverick bridge plug-in try different temporary directories in case the read/write permissions fail.
- Core: Improved .gltf (Sketchfab) importer. Now all situations resolve their PBR texture maps correctly.
- Core: metalic/roughness and specular/glossiness rgb-packed maps (as in .gtlf/sketchfab) take advantage of multi-out plugs in filetex and import using fewer nodes now.
- Core: Upgraded to OpenCASCADE 7.5.0 (STEP/IGES).
Release title: 2021.4
Build 505.525: 2021-08-24
- Core: Much better reflections reproduction in the shadow_catcher material.
- Core: New detached alpha-based reflection layer in addition to the alpha-based shadows layer.
- Core: New composite PNG when rendering render sets with the shadows and reflection combined into a single alpha-based image.
- Core: Shadow Catcher Region Of Interest, to define the reach of shadows and reflections.
- Core: Round Edges works properly for dielectrics now.
- Core: Separate (optional) roughness for transmission.
- Core: Transmission roughness can be mapped now.
- Core: Additional mappable anisotropy/rotation for transmission.
- UI: New orbit mode selector (pivot, centroid, clicked point).
- UI: More streamlined and aesthetically pleasing window frame borders.
- UI: New toolbar with a direct access to our support chat.
- UI: Ability to change the UI scale from the Preferences dialog. Handy for people with very large/small screens, or with tired eyesight.
- UI: Ability to set the wake up delay for tooltips and tool buttons.
- UI: Ability to set the color(s) of the checkered (or flat) background of the IPR when Alpha masking is enabled.
- UI: Ability to set the rotation axis in the Render/Turntable feature.
- Installers: Our installers display the right software version on Windows' Add or Remove Programs now.
- Installers: Our installers display the right software version on File/Properties.
- Installers: Our installers politely prompt the user to close Maverick (or Rhino) when the installer starts in case Maverick (or Rhino) are running.
- Installers: Now each product (Studio/Indie) installs its own library in a separate folder, so both products can coexist without collision.
- Core: Improved Shadow Catcher system (read our blog or visit your Youtube channel for more details).
- Core: Upgraded our ray-tracing backend and denoiser to OptiX 7.3.0.
- Core: Picked a less strident default filetex texture.
- Core: Added a radius to the shape node (useful for stickers).
- Core: Added a rotation value to the shape node (useful for stickers).
- Core: Made the full mode in the shape node cover the full extents of the UV space.
- Core: Equaled shape's soften with checker's soften (same meaning/range/effect).
- Core: Fixed the Artistic-Friendly Metallic Fresnel formulas in the complex IOR map node. Now they won't produce color discontinuities.
- Core: The lock exposure feature in the backplate has been recalibrated so it matches exactly the original backplate colors assuming default camera and tonemapping settings.
- Core: The lock exposure feature now leaves alpha=0 pixels untonemapped, to further ensure that the backplate in direct vision matches the provided color/image.
- Core: The shape node now creates polygons with an horizontal base.
- Core: Added radius and rotation attributes to the shape node.
- Core: Added a gamma/inv-gamma control to each wall in the parametric lightbox node.
- UI: Fused the menu bar with the window caption to save some screen real state.
- UI: Proper attribute toggles in the standard material node when the (complex) ior map is used.
- UI: Better (multibutton) controls to flip between pages in the tonemap and batcher panels.
- UI: Node creation uses categories to avoid huge popup menus in the Materials/Maps panel.
- UI: Ability to collapse the thumbnails carousel in the Render window.
- UI: Ability to dock the main toolbar(s) to the top-left-right-bottom from the Preferences dialog.
- Core: Removed progressive mode from the batcher panel, as it caused some ugly conflicts (bright spiral bands) with adaptive rendering.
- Core: Fixed a problem saving to video (e.g., .mp4) if the render resolution has odd (i.e., not even) sizes.
- Core: Now the gamma/inv-gamma (colorspace) control in standard emission color corresponds to what is explained in its tooltip.
- Core: Now the three modes in the gamma/inv-gamma (colorspace) controls work for standard emission and light objects.
- Rhino: Now Maverick prompts the user to save changes if a model is sent from Rhino while M is already working on another scene.
- Installer: Fixed the uninstaller icon for Rhino to Maverick.
- Installer: Changed the installer target folders for our Substance exporter scripts to accomodate with the Allegorithmic/Adobe renaming.
- UI: Fixed a 1px line under the tab control in docked widgets.
- UI: Fixed incorrect toggles (gray-outs) for tilt and distortion when a non-orthographic camera is used.
- UI: Unpremultiplied alpha doesn't get stuck now after rendering Render Sets from the Render panel.
- UI: Fixed an occasional problem that was trimming the top line of the render and adding an extra padding line at the bottom (in the IPR, albeit not in the saved images).
- Core: Support for USD (Pixar's Universal Scene Description) file format (limited to geometry).
- Core: Model importers (e.g., Sketchfab, .GLTF, ...) import emission maps with correct gamma correction now.
- Ambiences: Fully re-made ambiences, taking advantage of the new/improved Shadow Catcher system.